Bio

Music Player

Performances

Press

Recordings

Photos

Video

Store

Blog

Contact

GET ON THE LIST:
SUBMIT

Aloud on Twitter: @aloudonline
Myspace
You Tube

Facebook
Latest postsArchiveRSS Feed
 
Thursday, March 4, 2010

When mother nature wants to yawn and stretch, she's gonna do it.


I'm donating some money today to the Red Cross on behalf of the Chilean relief effort. Chile's always been this sort of magical place to me. I'm a big fan of Chilean author Isabel Allende who's work a lot of takes place in her homeland. It's a bit helpless seeing the earth devastate itself and the people living on it like it has recently. Earthquakes, tsunamis. Whole towns ripped up. Cracked. Not much you can do to stop one of these things. When mother nature wants to yawn and stretch, she's gonna do it. It can all make you just sit there dumbstruck, you know? If you'd like to send something their way you can do so via the Red Cross.

Big news to report on the upcoming album. Aside from a trumpet overdub, we have wrapped it all up as of last weekend. That's huge! Matt Girard who you may have seen playing bass for us last summer will be coming in to lay down that final bit of brass that will complete the record. But for all intents and purposes we're in mixing stage.

Rehearsing tonight for our Great Scott show on the 25th in Allston, MA. Info here if you're looking for it. Oh and as I was walking to the train today I noticed Patti Smith on the cover of the Phoenix (our alt weekley for those outside of Boston). They're running an excerpt from her book (the one I mentioned in my previous blog). Pick up a copy of check it out here. I finished the book last week and was sad when it was over. An excellent memoir.

Oh and I might I add that Conan is now on Twitter? Brilliant.

Cheers,

Jen
 
BLOG ARCHIVE

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]